Saturday, July 7, 2007

Acclimate!

Its surprising how we get acclimated to comforts so easily...My friend who drives a honda accord here in US complained that he wasn't able to sit in a Maruti back home (in India)...its too small, no leg room he says...just few years back in college, travelling in an auto was luxury for us!
As an extreme case, I know of a person who packed mineral water bottles on an India trip!!!
On the other hand, I have had tough time making my grandparents come in bike or take them in a car (Car was a little easier though;-))...my grandfather never wore trousers all his life[Except once when we forced him to, and even took a picture of that:-))]. Well...may be there is an age after which acclimation seldom happens!

3 comments:

Day Dreamer said...

I have seen people pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del before switching off the TV.. is this a form of acclimation??

vicky said...

lol...i wonder where they find the buttons though...i dnt see in my remote:p

Day Dreamer said...

I think it should be "trying to press" than "pressing".. :-)